This certificate is issued as verification that a sample(s), representative of production, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below and that the manufacturer's quality system, relating to the Ex products covered by this certificate, was assessed and found to comply with the IECEx Quality system requirements. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
This Unit verification certificate is issued as verification that the Apparatus identified on page 1, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
The electrical apparatus and any acceptable variations to it specified in the schedule of this certificate and the identified documents, was found to comply with the following standards:
As this is a Unit Verification Certificate, no QAR is applicable as this certificate is specific to the items listed by serial number or other unique identification.
The range of T18C Junction Box enclosures are constructed with polyamide. All the metal parts are anti-corrosive. The concave-convex joint between the cover and body provide for the EPDM gasket in order to achieve degree of protection IP 66. For use primarily in explosive gas atmospheres and combustible dust atmospheres, but also has applications in other hazardous & non-hazardous environments. Individual enclosures can be combined into large units to order. The raised anchor points in the enclosures and the grooves on the mounting rails ensure that the enclosures are mounted in the accurate positions. The cable entry can be set on the top, bottom, left, or right side with the use of suitable certified cable glands.
Models covered by this certificate are:
The differences between the power dissipation are listed under "Conditions of Safe Use, below".
The following conditions of safe use apply:
1. The apparatus must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. That switchgear with contacts immersed in flammable dielectric are not to be installed in the enclosures.
3. That any disconnector installed in the enclosure complies with local statutory requirements and that the position is indicated
4. That suitable separately certified blanking plugs that provide an international protection rating of not less than IP66 are used to fill any unused entries.
5. That all installed equipment is appropriately component certified. eg. Ex e, Ex ia
6. The enclosures must be fitted with separately certified cable glands that provide an international protection rating of not less than IP66.
7. The enclosures are to be installed such that the rated power dissipation figures are not exceeded as per the table below.