|Equipment and systems covered by this certificate are as follows:|
The PL6** Range of Junction Boxes comprises the type ZPL6** range of empty glass filled polyester enclosures, covered by IECEx BAS 06.0027U Exe II, fitted with a variety of different terminal arrangements.
All the terminals are covered by their own component certificates and are coded Exe II. Drawing D9160, at Annexe 2 to this certificate, gives details of the permitted terminals, their rated conductor sizes and their maximum permitted current ratings when used in this application. Note that the ratings for junction box use may be lower than the maximum ratings given in the terminal certificate.
The actual terminals fitted to each junction box will be listed in the schedule of the instruction sheet supplied with the junction box. The method of calculating the overall rating of the junction box, according to the ambient temperature range and temperature class, is given with the full equipment description in Annexe 1 to this certificate.
|CONDITIONS OF CERTIFICATION: YES as shown below:|
1. When used under dust layers the maximum depth shall be no greater than 50mm.3. Any breathing and draining device as listed on the ZPL6** Component Certificate must be installed in its correct orientation in the bottom face of the enclosure.
2. Unused entry holes must be fitted with one of the following stopping plugs:
Hawke Type 375 to Baseeefa06ATEX0236U / IECEx BAS 06.0056U
Hawke Type 387 to Baseefa06ATEX0118U / IECEx BAS 06.0029U
Redapt Type PD-E-4 to SIRA00ATEX3091
Redapt Type PD-U to SIRA00ATEX1094
Raxton Types CK, CQ, CF and CB to SIRA00ATEX1073U
4. All terminal screws, used and unused, shall be fully tightened down by the end user.
5. Insulation of conductors must extend to within 1mm of the metal of the terminal throat unless specified otherwise on the terminal certificate.
6. No more than one single or multi-stranded lead shall be connected to either side of any terminal unless multiple conductors have been joined in a suitable manner, e.g. two conductors into a single insulated bootlace ferrule, or any method indicated on the terminal certificate.
7. Terminals and their accessories shall be installed in such a manner that the creepage distances and clearances between the terminal and adjacent components, enclosure walls and covers comply with the requirements of IEC 60079-7 for the rated voltage of the equipment.
8. Terminal temperatures must not exceed the operating range specified on the component certificate for the terminal.
9. All terminals, and accessories such as cross-connectors, shall be installed in accordance with the terminal manufactures instructions. Hawke International will supply the relevant terminal manufacturer’s instructions with each junction box covered by this certificate.
10. The maximum voltage, current and dissipated power shown on the rating label must not be exceeded.
11. When connecting conductors of cross section below the maximum allowed for the particular terminal then the maximum amps per pole must be reduced inline with the maximum amps permitted for a terminal equivalent to the conductor size fitted e.g. If a terminal that can take a 10mm² conductor at 40Amps is fitted with a 4mm² conductor then the current shall be reduced to a maximum of 22Amps, or the rating marked on the apparatus label, whichever is the lower.
12. The enclosure is limited to the temperature range of the stopping plug fitted.
13. Unused entries may be fitted with alternative stopping plugs and or breather drains to those listed in the schedule. The user is responsible for ensuring that the protection concept, temperature class and relevant IP rating are maintained.