|Equipment and systems covered by this certificate are as follows:|
The QTVR Range of Trace Heating Units is of the parallel circuit self-regulating type, rated at up to 277V, with power output up to 66W/m (20W/ft). The units have a maximum self-limiting temperature of 130°C.
Each trace heating unit comprises:
- the active heating cable.
- an end seal for terminating the remote end of the unit.
- a cable gland for connecting the powered end of the unit to a suitable terminal enclosure, or alternative integrated power connection systems.
The active heating cable comprises two stranded copper conductors around which is extruded a semi-conductive core material. This core material increases in resistance with increasing temperature and gives the cable its self-limiting property. The core is covered with an extruded layer of fluoropolymer insulation before being overbraided with tinned copper. A further protective, anti-corrosion layer of fluoropolymer is extruded over the braid.
The declared maximum withstand temperature for the range is 135°C and the minimum installation temperature is -60°C.
The heating units may be provided with end seals, splices and power connections.
See Annex for further details.
|CONDITIONS OF CERTIFICATION: YES as shown below:|
1. The limiting temperatures for the end seals, splices and power connections are:
135°C for the S-21 and E-06
110°C for the GHG 960 923 P… cable gland
The E-100, E-100-L, JBM-100, JBS-100 and T-100 have limiting temperatures based on an internal component in these accessories. When located on a pipe or other work piece surface, a maximum pipe temperature of 215°C will not cause the limiting temperatures of 151°C or 155°C to be exceeded.
2. The end seals, splices and power connections have the following associated ambient temperatures.
-50oC to +40oC for the C..-100
-50oC to +150oC for the C-150, S-150 and E-150
-50oC to +56oC for the T-100, JBM-100, JBS-100, JBU-100 and E-100
-40oC to +40oC for the JBM-100-L, JBS-100-L, JBU-100-L and E-100-L
3. The assembly of glands, splices and end terminations shall be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. The heating element supply circuit must include an electrical protection device in conformity with Clause 4.4 of IEC 62086-1.
5. The minimum bending radius is 35mm for the Type QTVR units.
6. The supply to the heating unit must be terminated in a suitably certified terminal enclosure.