IECEx ITS 10.0014X
Ex db I Mb
Ex db IIC T5 Gb
Ex tb IIIC T100°C Db
-40°C < Tamb < +70°C
This certificate is issued as verification that a sample(s), representative of production, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below and that the manufacturer's quality system, relating to the Ex products covered by this certificate, was assessed and found to comply with the IECEx Quality system requirements. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
This Unit verification certificate is issued as verification that the Apparatus identified on page 1, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
The apparatus and any acceptable variations to it specified in the schedule of this certificate and the identified documents, was found to comply with the following standards:
As this is a Unit Verification Certificate, no QAR is applicable as this certificate is specific to the items listed by serial number or other unique identification.
The Encoder Type REXM is a small cylindrical unit (68mm in diameter with length dependent on model) containing low voltage electronic components. The enclosure is manufactured from either stainless steel or acid-proof stainless steel. The enclosure comprises of cylindrical flamepaths between the End Cap & Cover Tube and Cover Tube & Housing. The rotating shaft forms a cylindrical flamepath through the housing controlled by k & m factors and is held in place with 2 precision roller element bearings. The enclosure has one threaded cable entry fitted with either a certified M20x1.5, M25x1.5, 1/2"NPT or 3/4"NPT cable gland or an M15 integral cable gland. Both internal and external earthing is provided.
1. Minimize the risk from electrostatic discharge - clean only with a damp cloth.
2. Temperature at the cable gland or branching point could exceed 70°C or 80°C respectively - suitably rated cable must be utilized.
3. It is a condition of certification that the flamepaths have to comply with the manufacturers drawings and can only be repaired by the manufacturer.
4. The fasteners used to secure enclosure body to end shields shall have a minimum yield stress of 450 Mpa.
5. For models without integral cable gland use only suitably certified Ex db I Mb/Ex db IIC Gb and Ex tb IIIC Db cable glands, thread adaptors and blanking elements.
6. When installed in mining areas the enclosure must be protected from high risk impacts.
7. It is a condition of certification that precautions must be taken to avoid dust from forming layers on the encoder.
Change of Address from "Tranevang 1, 3450 Alleroed, Denmark" to "Huginsvej 8, DK-3400, Hilleroed, Denmark". No other changes.
1. Inclusion of new type of rotary seal.
2. Inclusion of alternative type of O-ring.
3. Update of IEC 60079-1 from Ed. 6 to Ed. 7.
4. Update of IEC 60079-31 from Ed. 1 to Ed. 2.
5. Change of QAN/QAR Issuer.
6. Minor drawing changes not compromising the IECEx cerification.