This certificate is issued as verification that a sample(s), representative of production, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below and that the manufacturer's quality system, relating to the Ex products covered by this certificate, was assessed and found to comply with the IECEx Quality system requirements. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
This Unit verification certificate is issued as verification that the Apparatus identified on page 1, was assessed and tested and found to comply with the IEC Standard list below. This certificate is granted subject to the conditions as set out in IECEx Scheme Rules, IECEx 02 and Operational Documents as amended.
The apparatus and any acceptable variations to it specified in the schedule of this certificate and the identified documents, was found to comply with the following standards:
As this is a Unit Verification Certificate, no QAR is applicable as this certificate is specific to the items listed by serial number or other unique identification.
The Multifunctional device type HiC2441Y* and HiD2441Y* are single channel multifunction isolator that combine the functionalities of a standard AI/AO and DI/DO isolated barrier needed to set-up a standard separation between Hazardous Area and Safe Area.
The device provides a galvanic isolation and is transparent concerning the signal transfer in both directions without any software/hardware configuration.
There are two different housing sizes:
The HiC2441Y* housing is 12.7 mm wide (HiC series), while the HiD2441Y* housing is 18 mm wide (HiD series). The devices are equipped with two connectors, one is for circuitry related to intrinsic safety and the other is for circuitry not related to intrinsic safety. The afore-mentioned modules are designed for use in the safe area and have intrinsic safe signal inputs in type of protection Exia for explosion groups I, IIC, IIB, IIA and explosion group III C and in hazardous areas which require devices of category 3 in type of protection Ex nA for explosion groups IIC, IIB, IIA.
Technical data see "Attachment to IECEx TUN15.0004X_Issue 0“
For Ex ia:
1.The modules are to be directly connected to a termination board provided by the manufacturer or to other appropriately termination-board that use suitable female connectors type DIN B/3 and respect the minimum requirements:
-provide a galvanic isolation between hazardous area and safe area of Um 250 V
-provide in the hazardous area a voltage Uo and/or Ui of 30 V
2. It must be assured that the operating conditions and the mounting conditions do not generate a temperature higher than +85 °C inside the housing.
3. The module has to be erected in such a way that a pollution degree 2 or less, according to IEC 60664-1, is achieved.
For Ex nA:
1. The Multifunctional device has to be erected in such a way, that corresponding to the IEC 60079-15, a degree of protection of at least lP 54 according to the IEC 60529 and the related requirement of the enclosures are achieved.
2. The connection and disconnection of the modules and energized non-intrinsically safe circuits is only permitted if no explosive atmosphere exists.
3. The Multifunctional device has to be erected in such a way that a pollution degree 2 or less, according to IEC 60664-1, is achieved if the devices are connected to an intrinsically safe limited voltage according to the IEC 60079-11.